View this post on Instagram
Can you envision a new future for Earth? The converging global crises of ecosystem disruption, democratic dysfunction, unaffordable housing, and increasing chronic disease are clear signals that it's time to dramatically transform where and how we live. Geoship's vision for the future of home is a natural earth sanctuary that calms your senses and restores balance; a place of maximum efficiency, beauty, and resilience. Where the light and electromagnetic environment harmonizes with biological systems. Inside, you feel connected to all that exists outside – nature, community, and the universe. Your dome is calling! #futureofhome #buckminsterfuller #domesweetdome #newparadigm #domehomes #geoship
Posts tagged with "Sustainability":
- Building material science
- 3D printing, robotics, AR/VR
- AI, machine learning, analytics, building intelligence
- Quality housing at a lower cost
- Building resiliency and sustainability
- Workplace optimization
- Adaptable environments
EXPERIENCE THE FULL BUILDINGS LIFECYCLEBuildingsNY is sponsored by ABO (Associated Builders and Owners of Greater New York), CHIP (Community Housing Improvement Program), The AIA, NYARM, ASHRAE LI, and a host of other industry supporters. BuildingsNY is the single source, full product life-cycle solution to safely and cost-effectively operate your buildings with a unique combination of an exhibition, no-cost accredited education, partnership opportunities, and networking events.
WHAT WILL YOU FIND AT BUILDINGSNY
- 5,500 + Building industry professionals
- 300+ suppliers
- 35,000 square feet of event space offering state-of-the-art innovation technologies, goods and services to reduce costs for your building
- Industry leaders and subject matter experts offering the opportunity to share their extensive knowledge with new codes & industry trends
- Free accredited education
- MORE innovation & technology, goods and services
- MORE State-of-the-Art product launches than ever before
WHAT'S IN STORE FOR 2019
- All education sessions will be moved to the show floor, creating three Learning Theaters.
- Updated Advisory Council consisting of building professionals who shape the industry.
- New partnerships with a wide range of media, as well as strengthening the relationships with current supporters.
- Back by popular demand! Tech Tank Pavilion will feature new buildings technologies. Source the next big product or service that can revolutionize building operations as we know it.
- Unlimited access to the complimentary Lead Retrieval App, which allows you to easily collect, qualify & download the contact details of the customers you meet at BuildingsNY.
- Education Sessions for 2019 will focus on profitability, compliance and managerial excellence. You'll leave with a fresh perspective on how to solve problems, increase efficiencies, unlock saving and keep your buildings at their peak.
- Attorney Advice Center: Powered by NYARM – During 15-minute intervals, attorneys and attendees will meet one-on-one focusing on important areas of practice (April 2 and April 3, 2019 | 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.| Located at Booth #231
Through both the individual efforts of its members as “architect-activists” and the overarching authority of the AIA itself, the group has put more stake into the public realm than ever before. From most recently coming out in support of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal, to proposing legislative ideas that ensure safe school design to senior cabinet members at the White House, the AIA has not been shy about making sure elected leaders hear from architectural experts regarding some of the country's biggest problems. In November, the organization outlined six key issues it would address with the new Congress in 2019, two of which are being tackled on the Hill today.
Hoosier AIA members are lobbying on Capitol Hill today for #safeschools and #sustainability. Join our call to action: https://t.co/qriPGmXrzD #citizenarchitect #grassroots19 #AIA2030 #blueprintforbetter pic.twitter.com/P3SQODMsxH— AIA Indiana (@AIAIndiana) March 6, 2019
Of course, not all of the AIA's outspoken moments have satisfied all of its members. At times, people have taken to social media and other venues to oppose the national group, or to castigate the group for staying silent on design-oriented national issues. In recent months, however, the organization has seemed to be more committed to political advocacy. Today's collective meetings bring AIA representatives from across the country—real, diverse practioners—to D.C. to share their experience both living and working in the built environment. Not only that, but hundreds of local architects are also meeting with state officials to discuss these issues while others are using the AIA's virtual portal to express their voices.
30 AIA members from @AIANewYorkState are in @SenSchumer's office discussing #EnergyEfficiency and #SchoolSafety! Join us and take action: https://t.co/6LWMzWuQHy #citizenarchitect #grassroots19 @AIA_Advocacy pic.twitter.com/f2ABfrkHt9— CenterForArch (@CenterForArch) March 6, 2019