AN Media Group is the most authoritative voice on architecture and design in the United States. We garner a large audience of design professionals through digital, print and event editorial.
The Architect’s Newspaper is currently accepting applications for a Web Editor to report to the Senior Editor.
The ideal candidate is self-directed and has an avid interest in architecture, design, urbanism, technology, and related fields, plus 1-3 years of work or educational experience in journalism and/or architecture.
You must be able to:
- Stay on top of news on a National and International basis
- Develop and brief sources and contacts in relevant fields
- Attend industry events outside of work hours and provide editors and publisher with timely briefings on such events
- Apply impeccable grammar to your own and others’ stories
- Research and assign online articles on architecture, urbanism, landscape design, and preservation
- Write long-form and short-form articles for print and web
- Edit all online content for grammar and SEO
- Manage the daily web post to archpaper.com of 8-10 stories a day
- Attend architecture and design events to stay on top of trends and developments
- Run weekly web meetings
- Assist editorial team in composing newsletters
- Manage editorial social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Train and manage editorial interns with regards to web content
- Assist with marketing content (content partnerships, conference coverage, newsletters, blog posts, and competitions)
- Establish and operate content partnerships with other publications
- Maintain the website, including working with developer on modifications and improvements
- Conduct regular Google Analytics research into content performance
- Have basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, and InDesign/InCopy
The position is full-time, salaried, and based out of our New York office.
The Architect’s Newspaper is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, writing samples, and salary requirements to Jessica DellaValle at email@example.com with the subject line “Web Editor Job Application.”