AN Media Group is the most authoritative voice on architecture and design in the United States.
We serve up news via print, digital, and events to a community of architects, engineers, designers, academics, developers, contractors, and others interested in the built environment. AN Media draws thousands of professionals to our Facades+ and TECH+ conferences held across the country.
Our award-winning New York City–based B-to-B media company has been publishing for 15 years in the architecture and design edit space.
AN Media Group, publisher of The Architect’s Newspaper and AN Interior magazine, is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Editor to report to the Executive Editor.
The ideal candidate is self-directed and has an avid interest in architecture, design, urbanism, technology, and related fields, plus work or educational experience in journalism and/or architecture.
- Writing multiple blog posts for archpaper.com on a daily basis.
- Researching and pitching story ideas for print and online.
- Completing writing assignments for print.
- Participating in copyediting and proofreading print issues.
- Attending industry-related events and conferences.
- Supporting day-to-day editorial operations including posting to the website and helping to manage social media channels as needed.
- Liaising with marketing team on sponsored posts, newsletters, and ad content as required.
- Develop and brief sources and contacts in relevant fields
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in an editorial setting.
- Extraordinary organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay on top of local and national news.
- Has knowledge of and interest in architecture, urbanism, design, and related fields.
- Able to attend industry events outside of standard office hours.
- Able to apply impeccable grammar to your own and others’ stories.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, and Adobe InCopy.
- Photography skills are a plus.
The position is full-time, salaried, and based out of our New York office.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to Matt Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Editor Job Application.”
The Architect’s Newspaper is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.