SPF:a is an award-winning architectural firm based in Los Angeles focused on the design of high-end custom homes, civic works, and cultural institutions. The studio is widely recognized for its technical and design-driven approach and similarly seeks individuals who understand how to put buildings together and the dedication it takes to do it well. We're a tight-knit, collaborative group with a passion for the profession and we're looking for an equally enthusiastic individual who can contribute to, and grow with, our team.
Currently we are seeking an experienced architect with the capabilities to head business development at SPF:a. This role calls for an individual who not only has the technical know-how to assist with or run all phases of a project from SD to CA, but has also been successful in maintaining client relationships and pursuing new business.
This is a Principal-track position.
- Actively promote business development utilizing existing and new professional connections
- Lead the qualification and cultivation of new partnerships and clients
- Develop strategic relationships to expand SPF:a’s presence
- Know firm portfolio in detail, understand practice area capabilities, actively seek out firm's best practices for use in office efforts
- Conduct internal and external research on new opportunities, prospective clients and practice areas
- Create pitch strategy/budget with Principals including research, network mapping, tasks/milestones
- Guide, head and support major proposals and presentations
- Act as “the face” of SPF:architects at networking events, panels, and similar activities
- Lead/RFP/RFQ tracking - government, institutional, and private opportunities
- Participate in the preparation of contracts and proposals
- Contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats; develop a project's program into alternative conceptual design proposals.
- 10-15 years of postgraduate architectural experience with at least 5 years of project management experience
- Prior experience successfully leading project teams and consultants teams, as well as interfacing with clients and driving new business
- Strong client management mindset with a customer service-centric attitude
- Solid design and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Competitive pay + bonus, paid time off, benefits (health, vision, dental), and a supportive non-corporate environment. We offer plenty of room to grow and lead if you're committed and willing to put the time in!
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Studio Director" in the subject line.