Summary of Responsibilities
The Staff Architect is responsible for assisting the President, VPs of Architecture and Project Architects in the development of project design and documentation through during all phases of a project.
Essential Job Functions
- Preliminary design activities including client meetings, programming, site planning, facility design, presentations and other design functions as directed, including 3D computer modeling and rendering.
- Analysis of Zoning and Building codes applicable to a project.
- Researching and identifying alternative material and systems applicable to a project
- Participating with the design team in advancing schematic design into presentation quality drawings including rendered site plans, floor plans and elevations.
- Developing Design Development design refinements, details and documents.
- Producing accurate and timely construction document utilizing AutoCAD or Revit, including site plans, plans, enlarged plans, elevations, wall sections, exterior details, interior detail, schedules etc.
- Performing construction administration Activities, including site visits to review conformity of construction with documents, timely review of shop drawings and other submittals, and responding to requests for information/clarification.
- Coordinating and prioritizing resources to assure the timely completion of multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience in schematic design, design development, construction documents preparation and construction administration for commercial projects
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years (Staff architect) or 10+ years (Sr. Staff Architect) post-graduate experience in the practice of architecture.
- Architectural registration.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Cloud
- 3D computer rendering
- 3D printing desirable
- LEED Experience desirable
Safety Hazard of the Job
Normal safety hazards associated with office work, and with occasional observational visits to construction sites.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift is 35 lbs. Average lift is less than 10 lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard and monitor. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone. May require some travel by car.
Average inside office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment is required. Ambient temperature is between 68F and 76F.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required. This job description is not a contract or offer for employment, and either you or Al. Neyer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Al. Neyer is a 126-year old employee-owned company operating in four markets including Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Nashville and Raleigh. Our company’s growth is fueled by a strong commitment to our core values and the constant cultivation of a best-in-class team. Rooted in design-build construction, our development approach integrates all functions in-house including design, project management, finance, leasing, and ongoing portfolio management.
We put a high premium on the kind of people who dig the details and have the skills to orchestrate them to perfection in a high-energy environment. Because of our longevity, reputation and vision, you will have the opportunity to work on compelling office, residential, industrial and mixed-use projects in the Midwest and Southeast regions.
Building pride in the community is at the heart of what we do. Not only do we help revitalize urban neighborhoods and support suburban communities embracing a future-forward perspective, our employee-owners commit their talent, time, and treasure to many area causes. Across each of our markets, our employee-owners are actively engaged in community-based or non-profit organizations. Taking ownership by giving back is a part of what Al. Neyer is and always will be.
At Al. Neyer, we pride ourselves on a culture that inspires, challenges, supports, and rewards our employee-owners. Our passion is contagious, our sleeves are always rolled up, and our doors are open at all times to new inventive, collaborative team members.