We are seeking a creative, innovative, and collaborative leader who is committed to design quality and passionate about sustainability to become a key member of our team. As a design initiator, you will lead project teams through a collaborative design process, generating and advancing thoughtful physical and environment-responsive analyses and cutting-edge design strategies for a range of project types including campus and urban work. As a design-focused studio director, you will communicate closely with other firm leaders and Page clients and provide guidance to staff.
- Understands emerging trends in urban and higher education environments
- Leads site research and analysis efforts
- Leads the development of site plans, 3D models, and other physical planning products
- Implements zoning analyses and reviews jurisdictional requirements to align with projects
- Oversees assembly of design documents, presentation materials, and reports
- Leads and contributes to the assembly of client presentations and public processes
- Maintains a professional profile as a thought leader in the field, including speaking publicly and authoring publications
- Secures new business through client relationship development and management and participates proactively in marketing efforts
- Mentors Page urban designers, landscape architects, architects, and planners.
- Portfolio of creative urban design and planning projects demonstrating understanding of critical issues, conceptual design abilities and systems thinking
- Demonstration of high-level of creativity, design talent, and engagement in previous project work
- Ability to articulate urban design concepts, objectives, critical issues, and solutions
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work across a broad range of scales
- Proven success in business development
- Excellent presentation and client communication ability
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, and Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper 3D, Enscape (or similar)
- At least 10 years of project experience in urban design and physical planning
- Professional degree in urban design, planning, architecture, or landscape architecture
Interested candidates should apply here: https://careers-pagethink.icims.com/jobs/1428/senior-urban-designer/job
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.