For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others — to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is a great opportunity for you to join NBBJ, Boston in a Senior Designer role.
We are seeking as Senior Designer with 10+ years of experience, to become a lead designer for the NBBJ Boston studio. NBBJ is a Design-driven practice seeking top talent; our work requires high-performing designers who possess strong communication skills and graphic abilities, as well as the ability to work across multiple building program platforms, and understand an integrated multi-discipline approach to design.
Your New Role:
- Lead design teams working under guidance of, and collaboration with, the Design Principal and Project Manager.
- Develop design concepts and rapid visualization for medium- and large-scale project work
- Provide innovative thought leadership on high-performance building design concepts
- Provide expertise in executing projects to design team, clients, and contractors
- Collaborate with and coordinate work of consultants ensuring project deliverables support design excellence and project goals
- Organizes own efforts and focuses work of the design team
- Provides mentoring and guidance to designers
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of experience in the design profession; licensure is a bonus.
- Master of Architecture degree required.
- Proven conceptual design and schematic design skills, portfolio of exceptional built work preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and lead the design of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Exceptional abilities to craft presentations and create sound arguments for architecture.
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills, effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment, proactive and team oriented.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience in all phases of the design process including execution of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials
- Experienced designer with sustainable strategies, LEED AP preferred or actively pursuing
- Proficiency in Rhino, Adobe Design Suite. Revit a plus.