The Miller Hull Partnership Founded in 1977, is a West Coast-based architecture and planning firm with offices in Seattle and San Diego. Emphasizing performance-based design, capabilities include full-service architectural, interior design, as well as master and space planning for both public and private buildings. The firm's design work spans a wide range of project types such as K-12 schools/higher education, community and interpretive centers, museums, public buildings, libraries, mixed-use buildings, laboratories, corporate offices, in-fill condominiums and small residences as well as international border crossings and embassies. The Miller Hull Partnership is the recipient of the National Firm Award from the American Institute of Architects as well as over 250 design awards, and is published in numerous national and international design journals.
The Miller Hull Partnership is seeking highly self-motivated applicants for immediate placement in our San Diego Studio as a full-time Project Architect to assist with multiple projects.
Our San Diego studio is growing - we are proud of our collaborative culture and we believe in an innovative, dynamic approach to design. We currently have projects of various size and program, for both public and private clients. It is an excellent time to join us. If you are high-design oriented with a focus on a socially and environmentally responsible projects, if you thrive in a collaborative team environment, and if you are self-motivated and eager to explore, we would like to welcome you to apply.
Your primary role will be architectural support within a project team to research, design, detail, and document a building. Typical duties may include drawing in Revit and/or Sketch Up to explore design options, technical studies using Rhino, material research, model building, and rendering using Lumion.
During the application process, you will be asked to attach and copy/paste a cover letter and resume. Please limit your document size to 4mb. Once we have determined that you meet the basic qualifications, we will contact you to provide a copy of, or a link to your electronic portfolio that clearly addresses your experience with the criteria listed.
All responses must be received no later than midnight on August 31, 2017 and will be held in the strictest confidence. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. No expenses related to submittal, interview or relocation will be reimbursed by Miller Hull.
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants MUST meet the following criteria to apply:
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited university architecture program
- Demonstrated proficiency with BIM (Revit)
- 0 – 3 years prior architectural experience
- Examples of projects that required a high level of creative thinking and team collaboration
- Examples of work demonstrating an understanding of sustainable design
The following qualifications are highly preferable:
- Proficiency with Adobe CS6, Rhino
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative and to follow-through on assignments
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with others in a design team environment
- Experience with technical aspects of architecture
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles.
The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status or disability, citizenship, pregnancy, maternity, marriage, civil partnership, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited and protected by applicable law. If you need special accommodation responding to this ad, please call (206) 682-6837.