Position Posted: August 4, 2017 Position Expires: August 16, 2017
Full-Time, Non-Exempt Expected hours: Approximately 40 hours per week
The Miller Hull Partnership Founded in 1977, is a West Coast-based architecture and planning firm with offices in Seattle and San Diego. Emphasizing performance-based design, capabilities include full-service architectural, interior design, as well as master and space planning for both public and private buildings. The firm's design work spans a wide range of project types such as K-12 schools/higher education, community and interpretive centers, museums, public buildings, libraries, mixed-use buildings, laboratories, corporate offices, in-fill condominiums and small residences as well as international border crossings and embassies. The Miller Hull Partnership is the recipient of the National Firm Award from the American Institute of Architects as well as over 250 design awards, and is published in numerous national and international design journals.
People form the foundation of our firm, and we are currently looking for talented, dedicated interns to add to our team. Interns can expect to work on multiple projects in a variety of roles ranging from research and conceptual design, to design development and construction documents. The internship is an hourly paid position.
During the application process, you will be asked to attach and copy/paste a cover letter and resume. Please limit your document size to 4mb. Once we have determined that you meet the basic qualifications, we will contact you to provide a copy of, or a link to your electronic portfolio that clearly addresses your experience with the criteria listed.
All responses must be received no later than midnight on August 16, 2017 and will be held in the strictest confidence. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. No expenses related to submittal, interview or relocation will be reimbursed by Miller Hull.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This partial list of tasks is required for this position and may be subject to change at any time)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A demonstrated disposition as a team player with a collaborative nature and willingness for mentorship
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited university architecture program
- Proficiency with Revit, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent physical modeling skills: iterative working methods and process models
The following demonstrated skills are highly preferable:
- Experience or additional degree in Fine Art, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Preservation or other related field
- Examples of excellent making or construction experience
- Experience in positions of leadership or public speaking
- Examples of work demonstrating an interest in sustainable design
- Proficiency with digital design, prototyping and fabrication
- At least one previous internship in an architectural firm
- Experience in academics: teaching, teaching assistant, researcher etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles.
The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status or disability, citizenship, pregnancy, maternity, marriage, civil partnership, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited and protected by applicable law. If you need special accommodation responding to this ad, please call (206) 682-6837.