The Miller Hull Partnership is a design studio focused on the practice of architecture. We are firmly based in Seattle and San Diego but work globally. Our design process is rooted in an understanding of context served by research, exploration and iteration. We work in a highly collaborative environment where ideas rule, not egos. In our projects, we seek to emphasize rational solutions, clarity of concept and beauty- while pushing our progressive approach toward environmental responsibility.
The Miller Hull Partnership is seeking applicants for a co-op/internship position. Applicants MUST be currently enrolled in an accredited architecture program. The position is paid on an hourly basis with health benefits and San Diego Paid Sick Leave required by California law. Applicants will be expected to be able to contribute a minimum of 20 hours per week during regular business hours. More hours may be available upon request, but would not be required. The position is offered as a three month internship with the option to extend to six months.
During the application process, you will be asked to attach and copy/paste a cover letter, resume and a copy or link to your electronic portfolio that clearly addresses your experience with the criteria listed. Please limit your document size to 4Mb.
All responses must be received no later than midnight on Sunday, April 30, 2017 and will be held in the strictest confidence. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. No expenses related to submittal, interview or relocation will be reimbursed by Miller Hull.
Miller Hull is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status or disability. If you need special accommodation responding to this ad, please call (206) 682-6837.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This listing is a partial list of tasks which are required for this position and may be subject to change at any time:
- Communication and teamwork
- Physical model building
- Diagramming and architectural renderings
- 3-D digital modeling for design exploration and assistance
- Proficiency with BIM (Revit) is a plus
Other software used may include:
- Adobe Suite
- Google SketchUp
- Rhino 3-D
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles.