MHA is seeking a Director for its Northeast office based in Boston, MA to work with its northeast team to identity new clients and projects and provide client services and project management for federal and state historic tax credit applications. MHA offers a fast-paced and stimulating work environment that is deadline driven.
The Director level position will work closely with the firm’s partners to help manage and develop business for the Northeast Office. The position requires experience with and a thorough understanding of the federal historic tax credit program, and preferably knowledge of state historic tax credit programs in the Northeast as well as historic regulatory review. The Director will undertake business development, pursue new clients and projects, and have day-to-day responsibility for staff management, including reviewing and editing HTC applications. The position requires interface with building owners and developers, architects, engineers, and contractors, and federal, state, and local regulators. Relocation reimbursement will be considered. Salary and benefits commensurate with the position.
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, including management of staff and office P&L;
- A Master's degree in historic preservation or a closely related field;
- Knowledge of the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation; federal, state, and local preservation programs; and related tax credit application processes,
- Ability to read architectural plans and communicate effectively with building owners, architects, engineers, and contractors;
- Familiarity with the development community in the Northeast is preferred but not required;
- Strong organizational skills and initiative;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Proficiency in historical and online research;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software;
- Comfort working with digital images and image software, including Adobe Creative Suite;
- And flexibility for overnight travel.
Applications for the position must be received no later than by 5pm (EST) on July 31, 2018. Please email a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to Albert Rex, Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Boston Director Response.” No telephone calls please.