We are looking for someone who is organized, motivated, and detail-oriented, and who is willing to work with the team and take responsibility for getting the job done. The Project Coordinator actively participates in project production and site observations under the direction of the project team leader. This role is expected to integrate information and prepare coordinated documents with limited input from the team leader. The Project Coordinator provides mentoring and guidance to those on the team with less work experience; however, this position has no supervisory responsibilities. This role may act as the project team leader for small or routine projects.
Under the direction and supervision of the team leader, perform project tasks including:
- Research rehabilitation / repair alternatives and building materials and systems.
- Work closely with project team members to obtain project information and see that drawings are accurate and complete.
- Develop details that are consistent with the design direction provided by the team leader.
- Coordinate details and dimensions.
- Perform non-routine and complex drafting assignments to meet company and industry standards and codes.
- Communicate with clients and contractors and attend meetings as directed by the project team leader.
- Perform routine construction site visits and lead progress meetings.
- Provide information to the team leader for review of designs, shop drawings, and submittals, as well as for RFIs and change orders.
- Update drawings based on team leader feedback and/or redlines.
- Coordinate drawings / specifications.
- Conduct building investigations, produce reports, and prepare construction documents consistent with company standards.
- Research building materials and systems, codes, regulations, etc.
- Communicate methods to improve project process to the team leadership.
- Follow established filing systems, tracking logs, and archiving standards, as set forth by the Firm.
Other Duties and Expectations
- Actively seek experience and continuing education to fulfill requirements for licensure.
- Participate in marketing and project-related activities and presentations.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Firm’s projects and resources.
- Participate in professional / community organizations and activities.
- Mentor less experienced staff and provide guidance, training, and direction.
- Self-assess and informs the project team leader of availability / capacity.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated regarding office projects and the office environment.
Required Education and Experience
- First professional degree from an accredited architectural or engineering program AND
- 4+ years' of architectural or engineering experience or 3+ years' of building envelope consultation experience OR
- Equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Architectural graduates must be enrolled in the AXP (Architectural Experience Program).
- Engineering graduates must have passed the FE (Fundamentals in Engineering) exam.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer software applications (AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Skillfully perform all Project Representative responsibilities.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Work independently with a moderate level of supervision.
Hoffmann Architects is a specialty architectural and engineering firm driven by details. We have built a reputation for excellence by resolving building exterior distress at major symbols of the country’s architectural heritage, such as the Chrysler Building, the United States Capitol building, the New York Stock Exchange, and the Smithsonian Institution. Our technical staff is known for their attention to seemingly small details that can make a big difference in the life of a building. We aim to be the best in our niche field--and we take pride in our work.
We generally keep regular business hours and are home in time to have dinner with family, catch the game, or meet up with friends. With the Firm approaching 50 people spread out in three offices (CT, NY, and VA), we strive to maintain a tight community. On Friday afternoons, we break early and get together in the office for Happy Hour. We also share company-wide events from bowling night to a family summer picnic, that allow us to get together and catch up in a casual setting. Getting to know our coworkers, whether in another state or at the next desk allows us to be a better working team. Being part of a team that does something few other firms do and even fewer do well is remarkably fulfilling. Our work is second to none because our people believe we’re the best at what we do.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity
Hoffmann Architects is committed to a culture of diversity and equal employment opportunity. We strictly prohibit discrimination against employees or applicants on the basis of age, ancestry or national origin, mental or physical disability or history of disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender, marital or familial status, pregnancy or childbirth, race or color, religion or creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, political activities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, visit Hoffmann Architects' Careers page at:
Submission of both a resume and cover letter are required.