BarlisWedlick Architects is a mid-sized architectural and interior design practice located in New York City and Hudson, NY. We offer residential architecture, non-residential architecture, interior design, passive house consulting, and master planning services.
Our award-winning firm has built a reputation for expressive, sustainable places to live, work, and gather. Inspired first and foremost by our clients, our work has always promised more—more character, more efficiency, more connection to the landscape, more value.
Our team of architects and interior designers provides clients with personal, dedicated attention, while adeptly meeting the demands of construction and project management.
We have an opening for a well-rounded Project Architect/Project Manager in either our Tribeca or Hudson, NY office.
A well-rounded applicant must be able to demonstrate an understanding of expert design, the ability to produce thoughtfully detailed construction drawings, and the skills to manage and coordinate projects of varying size and scope.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Schematic design studies and design development documents
· Detailed construction and bid documents
· Coordination with consultants
· Construction administration including site meetings
· Leadership ability, especially under pressure
· Unwavering commitment to excellence
· Proven ability to meet deadlines
· Self motivated/Self-starter
· Extremely detail oriented multi-tasker
· High achiever
· Problem solver and strategic thinker
Required qualifications and experience:
· Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience
· Professional degree in architecture
· Architecture license encouraged but not required
· Excellent Auto-CAD skills and competency in Adobe and Microsoft Office programs
· Ability to organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work independently
· Ability to work effectively with clients, consultants, and staff
· Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
· Legal US work status
Chief of Staff