Katz Architecture is seeking an ambitious, energetic Junior Project Manager to join our Facade and Exterior Restoration Team. This division provides architectural and technical consulting services to building owners, property managers and coop and condo boards.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player, interested in the technical aspects of renovation and excited about architectural preservation in NYC.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and organizational skills with 1 to 5 years’ experience. This is a junior project management role with wide responsibility and growth potential in a stimulating, fast paced, and fun office.
Katz Architecture is a 10-person architecture and design firm located in Chelsea. We specialize in design, restoration, preservation and the maintenance of pre-war buildings. We service a wide variety of landmark buildings including brownstones, multifamily residences, museums, foundations, coops and condominiums. We are recognized for both quality design and technical expertise.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with senior staff to answer building code questions and develop technical details
- Assist in the development of construction document packages for the maintenance and preservation of a variety of building types
- Coordinate the work of outside consultants
- Produce presentation packages, spearhead and coordinate submissions to municipal agencies including the NYC Department of Buildings, Landmarks Preservation Commission and Department of Transportation
- Research code and zoning as required to develop design solutions
- Develop exterior facade and roofing details for new construction and restoration projects
- Obtain bids and level pricing
- Review shop drawings and submittals
- Attend construction meetings
- Interact with Building Management companies, Coop and Condo Boards to review residential renovation plans for adherence to NYC Building Codes.
- Visit job sites for building ownership to review jobs under construction
- Develop written reviews and building assessment reports
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 1 - 5 years’ experience in construction and/or in the office of a registered architect
- Technical knowledge of construction
- Ability to analyze, simplify and resolve problems
- Advanced comfort and proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of design and construction team
- Friendly, outgoing personality with exemplary verbal and written communication in English
- Must be legally able to work in the US
Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, transit, paid holidays, paid time off, summer hours and weekly happy hours. We also offer a 401k enrollment with profit sharing and annual bonus opportunities. Our firm strives to maintain a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Established in 2002, Katz Architecture is an expanding team made up of enthusiastic, talented, creative individuals dedicated to quality design and exemplary client service.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, work samples and salary requirements. No calls please
Cover letter, resume, work samples and salary requirements should be sent to:
with the heading "Junior Project Manager" in the subject line.
No calls please