DAO Architecture LLC is a design and research-based architectural firm located in Portland, OR and we are seeking a Job Captain or Project Architect to join our unique, rigorous, but casual office.
We are a smaller, nimble, multi-disciplinary studio with an integrated approach to architecture, urban design, and interiors. Our broad project mix includes housing, schools, art facilities, park pavilions, custom residences, restaurants, offices, public artworks, and transit-oriented projects. We work across all scales from the smallest architectural components to large-scale urban redevelopments.
This position requires a similarly agile and collaborative candidate with a mix of technical and design experience. Our ideal team member is motivated, creative, curious, and has a passion for the assembly of buildings as well as small things. We are looking for someone interested in the opportunity for growth with our progressive firm, and who has the following qualities:
- 7-12 years of relevant experience,
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture,
- Strong work ethic with good graphic and communication skills,
- Interest in materials, detailing, problem-solving, collaborating with Consultants, Contractors and Artisans,
- Is passionate about design and construction and the process of creating vital buildings and spaces,
- Ability to organize and develop drawings and details for Construction Documents,
- Ability and desire to lead project teams depending on project size,
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Cloud,
- LEED accreditation and licensure are a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits structure commensurate with experience, and we are an equal opportunity employer. Our light-filled downtown office is a great place to collaborate, create, learn, and mentor. Please email resume and work examples to email@example.com, and visit www.daoarchitecture.com for additional info regarding our studio.