Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking an in-house Graphic Designer for our Austin office. The ideal candidate would have interest in a variety of project types and scales including branding, wayfinding, architectural presentations and more.
Our work includes residential, commercial, mixed use, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as aggressive compensation, generous benefits, and steady profit sharing.
Based in Austin, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Significant work includes Plaza Saltillo, Heights Mercantile, Uchi, Loro, Local Foods, South Congress Hotel and The LINE hotel. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas, Seattle and San Antonio.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Strong design sensibilities
- Understanding of branding and ability to weave a brand story into an environment or printed deliverable
- Strong layout and typography skills including the ability to create, layout and design large presentations and environmental graphic design packages
- Demonstrates creativity and strong conceptual and visual communication skills
- Strong print design skills, specifically branding and identity development
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Preferred knowledge of architectural practice, including design, detailing and materiality
- Preferred knowledge and experience with hospitality brands
Responsibilities to include:
- Work closely with architectural and interior teams to support design and technical tasks
- Leads team on art direction and graphic design tasks
- Supports branding efforts as needed in a deadline-driven environment
- Highly motivated self-starter