Santa Monica College
FT/Tenure Track Instructor - Interior Architecture
Salary: $62,407.00 - $130,032.00 Annually
Please click on the link below to review the detailed job bulletin: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/smcacademic/jobs/2587575/ft-tenure-track-instructor-interior-architecture?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
The Design Technology Department is seeking a tenure-track faculty position in the Interior Architectural Design program to teach advanced courses in Interior Architectural Design as well as courses in Architecture. This individual will be responsible for teaching beginning, intermediate and advanced courses in Digital Communications, Design Studios, and Construction Materials and Methods; for facilitating the development of the new Architecture program curriculum including developing and teaching online courses; for maintaining current knowledge of instructional methods and new technologies, and applying emerging technologies and advances pertinent to Architecture; for actively participating in the administrative process of the Design Technology Department including, but not limited to, program review, student learning assessments, academic advisement and staff development programs; participate in development and evaluation of course materials, selection of textbooks, college, department and faculty organizational activities, and maintain regular office hours.
Example Teaching Assignment:
INTARC 35, 2D Digital Drafting (Lecture/Lab) – 6 WTH
INTARC 38, 3D Digital Drafting 1 (Lecture/Lab) – 6 WTH
INTARC 45, Design Studio 3 (Lecture/Lab) – 6 WTH
INTARC 65, Digital Rendering for Interiors (Lecture/Lab) – 6 WTH
INTARC 70, 3D Digital Rendering (Lecture/Lab) – 6WTH
New Courses in Architecture:
ARCH – Design Studios 3 and 4, Construction Materials and Methods
Bachelor's and two years of professional experience or any Associate degree and six years of professional experience OR the equivalent* OR possession of an appropriate valid California Community College Credential authorizing service in the specified subject area(s).
Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the socio-economic, academic, cultural and ethnic diversity within the college student population including students with physical and/or learning disabilities as these factors relate to differences in learning styles.
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture or a related field and five years of experience in professional interior architectural design practice;
• Professional experience as a consultant or staff designer;
• Practical experience with 2D and 3D design tools and processes;
• Experience teaching design foundation courses and advanced-level Architectural design courses to a diverse student population; Experience teaching at the community college level or equivalent;
• Professional experience using BIM (Building Information Modeling) software, CAD, digital media and interactive technologies;
• Record of achievement in design research or professional practice
• Basic visual communications skills: perspective, rendering, and rapid visualization.
• Knowledge of sustainable technology and green design practices.
The Santa Monica Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity.
apply for more information