Island Exterior Fabricators works at the intersection of architecture, engineering, and manufacturing. We develop tailored solutions for unique, complex building envelopes, paying close attention to issues of performance, aesthetics, schedule, and cost.
Our highly experienced team builds each façade on our expansive Long Island campus, then delivers it to the building site for installation. By relying on in-house machining and vertical supply-chain integration, we consistently deliver exceptional results on time and within budget.
We’re proud to have partnered with some of the world’s leading architects and developers to deliver several highly regarded buildings in the northeastern United States. Projects include Cornell Tech's Bloomberg Center (Morphosis), the National September 11 Museum (Snøhetta), the Public Safety Answering Center II (SOM), and Barclays Center (SHoP).
Island is seeking qualified Façade Designers to prepare design drawings, shop drawings, and 3D renderings for some of the New York’s top building envelope and rebuild projects.
- Provide accurate and detailed façade design, shop drawing, and fabrication drawings for high-profile projects in the New York and New England regions.
- Review and understand project specifications.
- Review and interpret construction documents Produce material takeoffs and bill of materials.
- Review all construction drawings for scope, cost, and schedule impacts.
- Work with engineers throughout design development and confirm final design meets all structural requirements.
Ideal candidates exhibit the following attributes and background
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from accredited institution with a focus in Architecture & Construction design
- Minimum of 2 year’ experience in the curtainwall/façade design industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a design role (architectural)
- Efficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Solid works and/or other 3D modeling software
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Strong Architectural & mechanical system design aptitude and knowledge.
- Understanding of basic building construction methods
Portfolios must be submitted for consideration (in PDF format).
Island Exterior Fabricators is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and voluntary life insurance, and 401(k) with match options.
Director, Human Resources
Island Exterior Fabricators