About Us |
AN Media Group, comprised of The Architect’s Newspaper, AN Interior, Facades+, Tech+, and CE Strong, is the most authoritative voice on architecture and design in the United States. Our award-winning New York City–based B-to-B media company has been publishing for 15 years in the architecture and design edit space.
Serving up news via print, digital, and events to a community of architects, engineers, designers, academics, developers, and contractors, AN Media draws thousands of professionals to our conferences held across the country each year, and millions of those interested in the built environment to our publications.
The Role |
AN Media Group is currently accepting applications for an Executive Editor to report to the President of the company. This dynamic role requires a seasoned editorial leader who is able to meet challenges with a creative, solutions-driven approach.
Executive Editor | Responsibilities
- Develop and champion the editorial strategy of AN Media Group across its web and print properties. Continually broaden AN Media’s relevance and influence by leading and inspiring the Editorial team to produce unique, insightful content in the voice readers have come to expect.
- Oversee the production of 2 print publications (The Architect’s Newspaper and AN Interior, including the yearly “Best in Design” publication), and digital publishing including multiple daily newsletters.
- Lead regular editorial meetings with staff to elicit and identify coverage.
- Set expectations for staff for best practice journalism. Monitor and give guidance on work in progress, and give immediate, fair, and constructive feedback to staff and freelancers.
- Create and enforce the editorial operating model for efficient and high-quality editorial production.
- Craft, research and write articles and editorial features for both print and web.
- Engage with the architecture community at conferences, events and office visits, and represent the “face” of AN Media at all times. Seek out public opportunities to represent AN Media in person.
- Inform editorial strategy with a variety of data: site analytics, consumer insights, cultural trends.
- Lead Editorial team recruitment and hiring for open roles, as well as creation of new positions.
- Partner with executive leadership to establish and track editorial budgets to drive financial growth and exceed goals.
- Collaborate across marketing, sales, and events to develop editorial content that is distributed across channels.
Executive Editor | Required Skills
- A minimum of 8+ years at a media company.
- A minimum of 4+ years in a leadership position.
- Proven success in hiring and developing an in-house editorial team.
- Experience across print and digital.
- Best in class leadership and communication skills, and unmatched attention to detail.
- Experience managing a slate of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep experience covering the architecture and design industry.
- Position may require travel.
All applicants please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.