Island Exterior Fabricators works at the intersection of architecture, engineering, and manufacturing. We develop tailored solutions for unique, complex building envelopes, paying close attention to issues of performance, aesthetics, schedule, and cost.
Our highly experienced team builds each façade on our expansive Long Island campus, then delivers it to the building site for installation. By relying on in-house machining and vertical supply-chain integration, we consistently deliver exceptional results on time and within budget.
We’re proud to have partnered with some of the world’s leading architects and developers to deliver several highly regarded buildings in the northeastern United States. Projects include Cornell Tech's Bloomberg Center (Morphosis), the National September 11 Museum (Snøhetta), the Public Safety Answering Center II (SOM), and Barclays Center (SHoP).
Island is seeking an experienced Senior Façade Design Director to act as an internal office leader, mentor, and specialist to the design group – responsible for developing and detailing complex building envelope systems for some of Boston’s top projects.
• Façade design leader providing constant oversight, strategy and direction
• Provide consistent communication and direction as it relates to design changes, accuracy, and deadlines
• Provide staff development, mentorship, and leadership through team engagement and communication
• Maintain project and staff revenue and cost budgets
• Bachelors or Master’s degree from accredited institution with a focus in Architecture & Construction design
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the building enclosure/curtainwall/façade design industry
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a design role (architectural)
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Solid works and/or other 3D modeling software
Portfolios must be submitted for consideration (in PDF format).
Island Exterior Fabricators is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and voluntary life insurance, and 401(k) with match options.
Director, Human Resources
Island Exterior Fabricators