SBLM Architects is a nationally recognized firm dedicated to realizing our clients’ goals through results-oriented architecture. The New York City headquarters and branch offices in Long Island, Miami, Dallas, and Dublin, IRL offer a wide range of services through five Design Studios: Mixed-use & Residential, Education, Retail & Commercial, Healthcare & Wellness, and Civic.
The position is for a design role in the New York City headquarters office, located in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan. The position will support a wide range of projects primarily from the retail, mixed-use, education, and healthcare sectors.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent professional degree in Architecture
• 3-10 years of professional experience as a designer in an architectural office
• Outstanding conceptual, planning and design skills
• Ability to prepare construction documents and develop designs in documents
• Strong skillset with Adobe Suite, Autodesk Software and a Modeling/Rendering package
• Experience as a designer on built projects
• Organizational skills and ability to work individually and to collaborate in a team
• Clear and concise communication skills
During the interview candidates will be asked to demonstrate their experience and skillset for creating presentation materials for use in communicating their ideas to clientele, they will be asked to present an examples of their program-layout and planning experience, aesthetic decisions and justifications, and development of design concepts into design documents.
Candidates should provide a resume and introduction on what they would bring to the position. They must include a portfolio of work via link or attachment. Attachments should not exceed 10MB and be in must be in PDF format.
Compensation and Benefits:
• We offer an excellent benefit package
• Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans, 401k Retirement plan, Flexible Spending Plan which includes transportation, parking, and more.
• Salary commensurate with level of experience
• Our company culture features professional learning and growth opportunities, rewarding project types to participate in and free ongoing professional educational program
• Creative and innovative work environment
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com