Davis Brody Bond is seeking a Junior Architect(s) to join the growing staff of our Washington, DC office. We are a group of dynamic professionals who foster a vibrant and creative culture with opportunity for professional growth and collaboration.
As part of the project team, the successful candidate(s) will have significant experience with various building types in all stages of project development, but with a focus on Design execution from SD through CA. He/she will need to be a self-starter with good management and organization skills combined with a high level of design sensitivity. Previous experience with Cultural, Mixed-Use (residential, office, retail, & arts & entertainment), and Renovation or TI Fit Out typologies is preferred. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in an interdisciplinary, deadline-driven atmosphere. He/she must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Design, documentation and execution of construction documents from SD through CA.
- Interact with DBB project team members as well as DBB senior level design, technical and management personnel in a multi-firm project (documentation in Revit, & AutoCAD).
- Interact with clients, team members and all consultants to secure the quality and timely delivery of work.
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience.
- Strong organizational, collaborative and communication skills.
- US citizen with proficiency in English.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit (required), Rhino, Adobe Suite CS5, Excel, Microsoft Word, model making, and other necessary technical tools for the project.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and several work samples in PDF format along with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.