AN Media Group, publisher of The Architect’s Newspaper and AN Interior magazine, is seeking an Associate Editor to report directly to the Executive Editor.
The ideal candidate is self-directed and has an avid interest in architecture, design, urbanism, technology, and related fields, plus work or educational experience in journalism and/or architecture.
- Writing multiple blog posts for archpaper.com on a daily basis.
- Researching and pitching story ideas for print and online.
- Completing writing assignments for print.
- Participating in copyediting and proofreading print issues.
- Attending industry-related events and conferences.
- Supporting day-to-day editorial operations including posting to the website and helping to manage social
- media channels as needed.
- Liaising with marketing team on sponsored posts, newsletters, and ad content as required.
- Develop and brief sources and contacts in relevant fields
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in an editorial setting.
- Extraordinary organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay on top of local and national news.
- Has knowledge of and interest in architecture, urbanism, design, and related fields.
- Able to attend industry events outside of standard office hours.
- Able to apply impeccable grammar to your own and others’ stories.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, and Adobe InCopy.
- Photography skills are a plus.
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to Jack Morley at email@example.com