Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (Tenure-Track/Tenure)
Department of Landscape Architecture, UVA School of Architecture
The University of Virginia School of Architecture (www.arch.virginia.edu) is seeking qualified candidates at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on qualifications, to join the Landscape Architecture faculty and participate in its innovative teaching and creative research. Applicants should be accomplished designers/practitioners with the ability to teach graduate landscape design studios in addition to required and elective coursework in their area of specialization. Expertise in living systems, ecology, and site technologies that address applied applications to the landscape through design and scholarship are desired to enhance the School of Architecture's focus on global cities and territories. Candidates should exhibit applied experience in earthwork, material practices, planted form, and hydrological systems through practice or research. In addition to excellence in the design of sites and systems, we seek applicants who will participate in cross-disciplinary curricular initiatives and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in landscape architecture in relation to the other design arts, humanities and sciences through her/his creative work or scholarship. Faculty members at UVA are expected to teach, develop curriculum in collaboration with School leadership, serve on academic committees, and pursue an agenda of high-profile design research, writing, and creative production. Successful candidates for this position will have a terminal degree in Landscape Architecture (MLA) or equivalent as well as prior teaching and further experience and/or an advanced degree in their particular area of specialization.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search for Posting Number 0624037.
Complete a Candidate Profile online, and attach:
1) Cover letter expressing interest and qualifications, including summary of notable accomplishments in design/research, teaching and leadership.
3) Statement of design work/research interests, goals, and plans for future development (Other 1).
4) Statement of teaching experience of design studios, required courses, and seminars; description of studios, courses and seminars you are interested in teaching at UVA (Other 2).
5) Contact information for (3) references noting your professional relationship to each.
6) Digital portfolio of examples of teaching and design research that includes, for each category, one (1) minimum and four (4) maximum of the following:
- syllabi and selected products of academic design studio(s);
- syllabi and selected products of required courses and seminar(s);
- selected products of professional design and/or design research project(s).
Digital Portfolio materials should be submitted to UVA Box at https://virginia.app.box.com/login uploaded as a single .pdf file (10MB max.); share this file through UVA Box to Karen Allison, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send materials by email or hard copies.
Deadline for applications is December 3, 2018.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Search Committee and Department Chair, Professor Bradley Cantrell at email@example.com.
For Jobs@ system related assistance, please contact Michele Jarman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. The search committee is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching and/or service.
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8t4mytbwjczvtbm2