Assistant Director, Experience + Education
NCARB is a nonprofit organization and global leader in architectural regulation. Located in Washington, D.C., our mission is to protect the public health, safety, and welfare by leading the regulation of the practice of architecture through the development and application of standards for licensure and credentialing of architects.
Our members are the architectural licensing boards of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. While each jurisdiction is responsible for regulating the practice of architecture within its borders, NCARB develops and administers national programs for licensure candidates and architects to ensure they have the mobility to go wherever their career takes them.
NCARB’s Experience + Education (E+E) team is searching for an Assistant Director, Experience + Education to be a strategic and visionary leader for the team who partners and collaborates across the Council to develop and implement E+E programs and services that facilitate the pathway to licensure as an architect.
The Experience + Education team manages several of the Council’s programs and services that include the Architectural Experience Program®(AXP™), Integrated Path to Architectural Licensure (IPAL), Architect Licensing Advisors Community, NCARB Certification programs, outreach to schools and allied organizations, education and continuing education initiatives, and international recognition initiatives.
This position reports to the Director, Experience + Education and is a highly collaborative role working with a wide range of professionals. We take great pride in developing and delivering programs that support the lifelong learning necessary for the competent practice of architecture. We excel in delivering excellent service to our stakeholders that include our colleagues, our volunteers, licensure candidates, architects, state licensing boards, architectural schools and firms, and collateral organizations. If you thrive in an environment that empowers you to work collaboratively in a leadership role, helping others and creating and maintaining a positive team environment, then this is the job for you.
Duties will include:
- Collaboration as you partner with the other Assistant Director in E+E to oversee the ongoing development and delivery of all E+E programs and initiatives.
- You will contribute to ongoing professional growth and development of team members by building relationships, providing coaching, and developing and delivering training.
- You will work closely with the director and E+E team to plan and execute the development of E+E business and work plans, support strategic E+E committee and task forces, and help guide Council-wide objectives.
- You will work strategically to assess efficiencies, guide program messaging, and oversee research activities.
- You will oversee licensure candidate (initial and reciprocal) support including customer relations, published guidelines, community forums, and blogs.
- You will be an active part of Council outreach efforts to schools of architecture, community colleges, high-schools, AIA chapters, and architectural firms.
At a minimum, you have:
- An open, positive attitude that enjoys working as part of a team
- A degree in an architecture program accredited by the NAAB (B.Arch., M.Arch. D. Arch).
- A license to practice architecture in at least one NCARB jurisdiction and meet all NCARB certification requirements.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- 7-10 years relevant experience architectural practice, volunteer association environment, or related field, with 3-5 years of leadership experience managing people and projects.
- Demonstrated experience and strong skills in providing superior customer service, interaction with a wide range of professionals, attention to detail, and managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency using technology and a wide variety of software applications to include Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong electronic file management skills; and, excellent calendar management skills using Outlook.
- Ability to travel 25 -30% of time including weekends.
Ideally you have:
- A passion for developing and detailing program requirements
- A passion for writing
- A passion for networking and being around people
- Experience leading teams
- Experience serving as a staff committee liaison and supporting and facilitating committee work.
- Experience working with teams in an Agile environment.
It would be awesome if you also had:
- Ability to speak more than one language
- Exceptional presentation skills
- A passion for public speaking
- A strong interest in work-related travel
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of Open, Responsive, and Restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Convenient metro-accessible location (Farragut West and Farragut North)
How to Apply
If you feel qualified and you are experienced with these concepts, please go ahead and apply. We would love to hear from you.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply at: http://ncarb.applybyweb.com/
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce. For more information about NCARB, visit our website: http://www.ncarb.org.