AN Media Group is the most authoritative voice on architecture and design in the United States.
We serve up news via print, digital, and events to a community of architects, engineers, designers, academics, developers, contractors, and others interested in the built environment. AN Media draws thousands of professionals to our Facades+ and TECH+ conferences held across the country.
Our award-winning New York City–based B-to-B media company has been publishing for 15 years in the architecture and design edit space.
AN Media Group is currently accepting applications for an Account Executive to report to the Publisher. This executive will maintain a small US-based sales territory, and will work directly with the publisher. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to multiple aspects of the sales process, from new business to account growth and management.
If you have an unmatched work ethic, like to be in a fast-paced environment, and want to leave your fingerprints on an exciting, high-growth media company, you possess much of what we need in our Account Executive.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is able to identify opportunities and generate new business (cold calling and emailing).
- Has selling experience and is familiar with print, digital and event sales.
- Has a personality for sales and networking, and possesses the ability to close a deal.
- Is detail-oriented, highly organized and has the ability to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- Is comfortable attending trade shows and industry events to prospect new accounts and maintain existing relationships.
- Will communicate directly with the publisher to provide sales reports and verbal updates on a weekly and as needed basis.
- Has a personal interest in architecture and design.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of relevant sales experience
- Ability to prospect clients and manage a bustling meeting, email, and phone schedule
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Savvy in administrative duties including scheduling and sales administration (follow-up, general paperwork, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Travel will be required
- The opportunity to work in our loft-like Tribeca offices and to be a part of a successful small- business
- Generous time off schedule
- Summer Fridays
- Base salary + Commission
- Health Insurance Options
- Retirement Savings Plan
The position is full-time, salaried, and based out of our New York office.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to at email@example.com with the subject line “Account Executive Role.”
The Architect’s Newspaper is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.