- This event has passed.
Affordable Housing and the Public Realm
February 25, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| $10
Join The Design Trust for Public Space for a conversation on how we can improve neighborhoods through design, moderated by The Architect’s Newspaper Editor-in-Chief William Menking. The brand-new edition of our Laying the Groundwork design guidelines will debut!
In the coming decade, thousands of new mixed-use affordable housing developments created through Mayor de Blasio’s Housing New York plan will transform the cityscape. With the power of good design, this unprecedented building boom can help foster vibrant, mixed-income neighborhoods and attractive, fully leased commercial corridors.
Laying the Groundwork, developed by the Design Trust for Public Space and our Fellows in partnership with the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (NYC HPD), is a comprehensive set of guidelines for high-quality ground-floor design in mixed-use affordable housing developments.
- Eric Wilson, Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Sustainability, NYC HPD
- Susan Chin, FAIA, Hon. ASLA., Design Trust executive director
- Fiona Cousins, PE, CEng, LEED Fellow, Principal, Arup; Design Trust Engineering Fellow
- R. Darby Curtis, AIA, Partner, Curtis + Ginsberg Architects
- Penny Hardy, Principal, PS New York; Design Trust Graphic Design Fellow
- James Slade, AIA, LEED AP, Principal, Slade Architecture; Design Trust Architecture Fellow
- Hayes Slade, AIA, Principal, Slade Architecture; Design Trust Architecture Fellow