In 1849, Joseph Monier, a Frenchman, invented reinforced concrete. He didn’t do much with it at the time, aside from making a few robust plant pots. Eighteen years later he finally showed off his radical technological innovation at the Paris Exposition of 1867. That year, Monier patented his creation and eight years and four more patents later, he designed the world’s first iron-reinforced concrete bridge at the Castle of Chazelet.
Thankfully today, the world is a great deal more connected than it was back in the 19th Century. Industry leaders can share their ideas instead of dithering around with flowerpots for decades. The Tech+ Expo is that forum. A hotbed of technological innovation, Tech+ is where you can find the latest advancements in virtual reality, rapid prototyping, smart materials, intelligent building systems, mobile apps, and software platforms.
This year, The Architect’s Newspaper and Microsol Resources’ TechPerspectives have combined forces to present a full day program of industry leaders on the innovation stage at Tech+.Ten speakers will be presenting their thoughts and insight on various facets of technology and its role in architecture at Tech+ on May 23 in New York. A list of speakers can be found below:
- Keynote Presenter: Hao Ko, Principal at Gensler
- Zachary Aarons, Co-Founder MetaProp NYC
- Daniel Diez, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer, R/GA
- Cindy McLaughlin, CEO, Envelope
- Kerenza Harris, Morphosis Architects
- Jerrod Kennard, Architectural Designer at KPF
- Alexandra Pollock, Director of Design Technology at FXFOWLE
- Robert Otani, Principal at CORE Studio, Thornton Tomasetti
- Joseph Romano, VP Surveying & Mapping, Langan Engineering
- Jonathan Schwartz, Co-Founder + CPO Voodoo Manufacturing
- Zoltan Toth, BIM Implementation Consultant, GRAPHISOFT
- Luc Wilson, Associate Principal and Director at KPF Urban Interface
More speakers are due to be announced. Tech+ will be at Metropolitan West on 639 West 46th Street in Manhattan on May 23. To register and find out more, visit techplusexpo.com.