Image courtesy of Discover Los Angeles
The Society of Architectural Historians will present its Los Angeles Seminar, “Surveying L.A.: Past, Present, Future” on Saturday, April 9 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at SCI-Arc. The public seminar will examine SurveyLA, a city-wide study of historic resources sponsored by the J. Paul Getty Trust and the City of Los Angeles. The first half of the seminar will introduce the main creators and supporters of SurveyLA and its website, HistoricPlacesLA, who will discuss the process of developing the program. Part two will present critical responses from local and international experts as they explore the global possibilities of SurveyLA.
- Ken Bernstein, Manager, Office of Historic Resources, City of Los Angeles
- David Myers, Senior Project Specialist, The Getty Conservation Institute
- Trudi Sandmeier, Director, Graduate Programs in Heritage Conservation, University of Southern California; Member, SurveyLA Review Committee
- Maristella Casciato, Senior Curator of Architectural Collections, The Getty Research Institute; Former President of Docomomo International
- Timothy Hyde, Associate Professor, School of Architecture and Planning, MIT