Dates & Details:
November 22, 2013 Registration deadline
November 27, 2013 Extended Registration deadline
December 9, 2013 Submission deadline
December 11, 2013 Extended Submission deadline
January 15, 2014
Publication & announcement of winners
- Thomas Hanrahan, Dean of the School of Architecture, Pratt Institute, principal Hanrahan Meyers Architects
- William Menking, Editor-in-Chief at The Architect's Newspaper
- Kate Orff, Principal at SCAPE / Landscape Architecture
- Mic Patterson, Enclos
- Wes Rozen, Situ Studio
- Additional jury members will be announced as they are confirmed.
Submission Terms & Guidelines:
- In order for a project to be eligible for submission it must have been completed within one year's time preceding the submission deadline.
- Entrants can submit more than one project, but must pay a separate fee for each submission.
- Projects can be submitted in multiple categories, though, again, a fee must be paid for each category submission.
- Submissions must include photographs of the project. Drawings may also be submitted if they support the presentation. An approximately 150-word written description must also be included as well as a list of the project's client, design team members, design consultants, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Each submission must be made in one file (either a single pdf or zipped document) and should not exceed 50 megabits.
- All submissions must be received by AN no later than midnight PST on the submission deadline.
- The Architect's Newspaper reserves exclusive publication rights for all materials submitted as part of the Best of the Year Design Awards program, extending to all forms of media or content delivery, whether print, online, digital, mobile, or otherwise, now or hereafter created.
- Once submitted, there will be no refunds of entry fees.
- Submission is no guarantee of publication or an award.
For questions about the Best of the Year Design Awards, please email Aaron Seward
's Managing Editor.
For questions about marketing opportunities, please email Diana Darling
the first annual
Best of the Year
The Architect's Newspaper
introduces the first annual Best Of Design Awards
, a unique project-based awards program that showcases great buildings and building elements. Categories include:
- best façade
- best fabrication project
- best student-initiated built work
- best interiors
- best landscape
- best building of the year
These awards reflect our editorial strengths and areas of focus, combined with the interests and obsessions of our readers.
In addition to jury comments, building descriptions, and generous illustration, winning entries will showcase the resources and collaborators behind the projects.
editors and a group of prominent architects will judge the entries based on criteria including innovation, sustainability, and use of new technology. Winners will be published in our January print edition and online. The Best of Design Awards is sure to be one of our most anticipated issues of the year.
About The Architect's Newspaper
The Architect's Newspaper
provides timely news and cultural reporting on the built environment through four regional editions—East, Midwest, Southwest, and West—as well as online at archpaper.com
and through a series of targeted e-newsletters. Every issue delivers our trademark blend of topical essays, opinionated columns, project analyses, firm profiles, interviews, new products, reviews of exhibitions and books, and calendars of events in a handy and handsome full-color tabloid. AN
reaches a highly engaged on-line community of hundreds of thousands through our e-news, blog, and social media platforms. AN
is the must-read publication for architects, planners, landscape architects, designers and allied professionals.